We value your trust and respect your privacy. We exist to support small business owners like you by offering a fast and easy way for you to manage your visitors.
We believe the only good policy is one you can understand without a lawyer by your side, so we’ve worked hard to explain—clearly and in plain English—what we do, what information we collect, and why, so you can feel confident about using Sadevio.
If anything here is unclear, please reach out to us. We sincerely hope this update helps you better understand our privacy practices, what you’re consenting to, and how we operate. Thank you for joining the Sadevio community!
Effective as of: January 10, 2017
Our products and services are offered by Sadevio LLC or by companies related by common ownership or control as (collectively, “Sadevio,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
- sadevio.com and its subdomains (the “Site”);
- products and services branded with the Sadevio name (“Services”).
Special Note to Parents: Because of the nature of the services we provide, we do not market our services to or knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
“Personal Information,” means information about an identifiable individual. That’s what this policy is about – our collection, protection, use, retention, disclosure and other processing of Personal Information and your rights relating to these activities. Specifically, we collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information (e.g., name, phone number, address, and email address);
- Date of Birth;
- Website, Mobile Application, and Email Usage Data (e.g., interactions with a website, application or advertisement);
- Device Information (e.g., internet protocol (IP) address, device type, unique identifier, app version, operating system, network data, and phone state);
- Login Information;
- Demographic Information;
We also compile certain aggregate or anonymized data about our users. What is aggregate data? For example, “Tim Smith visits location X on Tuesday” is the Personal Information of Tim Smith, but “20% of Sadevio’s visitors are visiting location X on Tuesdays” is aggregate data. We may use and disclose aggregated or anonymized information.
- Identifying purposes
- Limiting collection
- Limiting use, disclosure, and retention
- Individual access
- How to challenge any of these principles
1. Accountability and Challenging
Sadevio has named a Privacy Officer who is responsible for all things privacy at Sadevio. This includes our policies and procedures that are designed to keep your information safe. If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this policy, you can contact us at:
18504 Beach Blvd, Suited 116, Huntington Beach, CA 92648
2. Identifying Purposes
Sadevio collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise manages Personal Information in a variety of ways related to our Site and the Services we provide. We’ve outlined these below. Your use of the Services determines which information we collect and use.
Sadevio may collect, use, or store Personal Information for the purposes described below.
- In order to provide you with the Services you request, which may include the following
- We collect information directly from you when you use or interact with our Site or our Services. This Personal Information may relate to you, your employees, or individuals you interact with.
- We may also collect information from third parties when you connect your Sadevio account to them. These integrations may pull data into or share data out of Sadevio. In some cases, we use a service provider to connect you to a third-party service (e.g., when you connect cloud storage providers). When you connect your Sadevio account with a third-party service, their terms and policies apply.
- We may also collect your name and email address from third parties when you sign up and login to our Site using single sign-on (SSO).
- Our Site or Services may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blog or community forum, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- To promote or offer you Services, and to determine your eligibility for new products and services we may offer from time to time.
- To offer you Products and Services from our Business Partners.
- To provide you with educational materials and guides relevant to the Services you use.
- To contact you for the purposes of Service updates, and system and account notifications.
- To provide you with support in connection with the Services.
- We collect information and usage data whenever you interact with us, whether online, through a mobile application, or through an email. This data may include which websites you visit, what you click on, and when you performed those actions. These activities may be performed by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
We do not sell your Personal Information to other companies.
How we Disclose Information.
We may disclose your information as permitted by law or with your consent to other Sadevio companies, our affiliates, or to third parties with whom we have a written contract limiting the use and disclosure of your information. We may share your information to support the products and services you request or provide you information on products and services that may benefit you.
- Business Partners. We work closely with a variety of business partners that are not Sadevio companies. We may offer products jointly with our business partners. We may share information that is related to such transactions with that business partner. We require all business partners to have written agreements with us that require them to safeguard your information and prohibit them from selling, retaining, using, or disclosing your personal information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the contract.
- Service Providers. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. We have written agreements with our service providers that require them to utilize appropriate physical, technical, and administrative controls to protect personal information and prevent them from using personal information for any purpose other than performing the service they provide. For example, we may use service providers to host our website. Your Personal Information may be maintained and processed by these third parties in other jurisdictions. We use service providers in the United States. When your information is in another jurisdiction, it will be subject to their laws. We only share the information these service providers need to perform the service and we don’t authorize them for any other use or disclosure of personal information.
- Persons Who Acquire Our Assets or Business. If we sell or transfer any of our business or assets (including insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), certain information about our clients may be a part of that sale or transfer. In the event such sale or transfer results in a material change to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you. The notification procedure will be the same as the procedure we use to notify you of a change to this Privacy Notice as described below.
- Responses to Legal Requests. We may disclose your information when we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required or permitted by law pursuant to a legal request. This may occur in connection with a court order, legal process, or other judicial, administrative or investigative proceeding that produces a request for information from us. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose your information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Protection of Sadevio and Others. We may disclose your information when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect either your or our rights and safety. We may disclose your information to federal, state, provincial, or local officials in order to, and only to the extent necessary, inform the official of activities that may constitute, or may have constituted, a violation of any criminal law or to assist the official in investigating or prosecuting a violation of criminal law.
- Aggregate Data. We may disclose aggregate information compiled using information that does not identify you individually or personally. This may include, for example, the total number of visitors from a particular geographic area or the average visitor age.
Submitting the Personal Information of Others
When you submit the Personal Information of your visitors or employees to us, you are responsible for informing such customers and employees about Sadevio, and for obtaining any necessary consent or authority from them, including informing them that Sadevio operates within the United States.
You may also choose to refer someone to our Site or through one of our referral programs. We may ask for that person’s name and contact information, including email address. We will send them a single invitation email to the address you provide. Please ensure that you only submit email addresses of individuals or businesses with whom you have a relationship and who would want to receive the message.
Closing your Sadevio Account
At any time and without penalty, you can close your Sadevio account and stop using our Services. Please ensure you complete the account closure process which includes a confirmation email. Otherwise, your account may not be closed.
Email and Communications Consent
The only way to completely stop all emails from Sadevio is to close your account as outlined above.
4. Limiting Collection
Sadevio only collects the Personal Information necessary to provide the Services to you. The Services you use will determine which information Sadevio collects. We’ll also provide you the option of sharing additional information to enhance your Sadevio experience.
Sadevio may also use third-party services to supplement or enrich our understanding of our customers. This includes cross-referencing information like a name, business name, email address, or IP address in third-party databases and using the information there to improve our understanding of you and your business.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulation. To be clear, that means we’ll retain your Personal Information while you have an active account, and afterward if we need to do so to meet our legal obligations. If you choose to close your Sadevio account, we will destroy your Personal Information within 60 days unless we are otherwise legally obliged to keep it longer consistent with our retention policies or if we determine it is necessary to defend against legal claims.
Sadevio relies on you to provide us with information that is accurate and complete. We provide you the mechanisms and rely on you to keep your information up to date. You can request updates or corrections of any inaccuracies in your Personal Information at any time by contacting us at the contact information listed in the policy. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Sadevio uses a combination of reasonable and appropriate safeguards designed to protect your information. These safeguards are administrative controls (things like policies, procedures, and training), technical controls (things like encryption, firewalls, and secure coding frameworks), and physical controls (secured hosting environments). For additional details, please see our security page. If you have questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
We ensure that any third party acting on our behalf maintains reasonable and appropriate safeguards in respect of your Personal Information. Additional information about our third parties’ privacy practices is available upon request.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties. Our team will never request your password or PIN, and we ask that you never post those to our support channels.
This policy outlines our privacy practices. If you have questions about it, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. ADDITIONAL DETAILS
1. Public Content and Social Media
Sadevio has public forums and blogs. Any information submitted there may be read and collected by anyone. You may request removal of your Personal Information from forum or blog posts and comments by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you provide us with a testimonial, with your consent we may post it on our Site or in other materials and media, along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. General Data Protection Regulation
Our Services are hosted on servers located in the United States. We also use service providers located in the United States to provide you with our Services. The transfer of your information, and the information you input into our Services, to the United States is necessary to deliver our Services. Please be aware that the laws in the United States may not provide the same level of protection to your personal information as your home country.
We have updated documentation, internal policies and procedures, and agreements to align with GDPR requirements applicable to us.
You should consult with your legal professional to understand your GDPR compliance obligations. If you are deemed a data controller, you are responsible for ensuring that you have a legitimate basis for the collection, processing, and transfer of the personal data you input into our Services. By using our Services, you represent to us that you have met your GDPR compliance obligations.
If you access our Services from the European Union, you may have certain rights regarding the processing of your personal information. For instance, if the information you provide contains special categories of personal data, we will only process it with your explicit consent, which can be withdrawn at any time. You may have the following additional rights:
- You have the right to access and correct your information.
- You have the right to obtain erasure of your information, object to, or restrict processing activities related to your information, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your information after you have provided it.
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your information in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority regarding our processing of your information.
To exercise your rights, or if you otherwise have questions about the processing of your personal data, you may contact us at email@example.com.
4. Updating or Deleting your Information
You may update or delete your information through your Sadevio account. We may maintain a copy of the information in our records. Additionally, if you request we permanently delete your account or information, we may still retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.